Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macandal

Reaction score
Hello all. I am just getting started brewing beer but I am no stranger to fermentation. I love to pickle, make sauerkraut, sausages, salami, ham (think prosciutto), etc. I have a question regarding a brewing kit. Should I get the 1 or the 5-gallon kit? I don't know if it's a good idea to just go ahead and get the 5-gallon kit or I should be cautious and opt for the smaller one.

Thanks.

Well, our local "HOP Shop" closed early during the pandemic. So, I am not sure if I should piece it together and spend money on a fermenter?
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.06.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 3.55.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 3.54.20 PM.png
Not sure. I want a simplistic plan and put all my thought process into the recipes. I'm from MN.

Definitely 5 gallons . That's good your giving buisness to your LHBS . If you have to look elsewhere I highly suggest Brewersbest kits . I started out on those. Really good stuff . For brewing equipment kits theres a few out there like morebeer which I think are some of the best starter sets out there .

Welcome to HBT!

Not sure. I want a simplistic plan and put all my thought process into the recipes. I'm from MN.

Simple is def better in the beginning. I wouldn't even worry about recipes at first, get kits or just get well known recipes online. You need to learn your equipment and hone your process above all else. 10 people could brew the same recipe with 10 different results...process is so...so key.

Get the 5 gallon. 1 gallon = 10 bottles; ends up being a lot of work for just a few bottles. A little extra effort gets you 5X the beer.

Latest posts

Back