Killin time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
So here I am at the opening night of harry potter(yeah I ain't ashamed to admit it! (that much!)) and I'm tryin to kill time before the movie starts. So I thought of an interesting topic...

My wife and I frequently talk about the features we want to see in our dream home. So my question is...what would the ultimate man (or woman) cave brewery have in it?

My wife and I talk about the same things. I want conical copper pots, about 10 of them. A large long room that is temperature controlled. An area where I can charge others to watch me pour beer and they can have a free sample.

BTW Harry Potter was great!

Hahaha. Yah, I've thought about this too. I don't need anything fancy, just room dedicated to brewing. Of course the fridges and taps will have to be next to my theater.

Spence - looks like I'm about 15 mins west of you in Carlton!

In jeff's fantasy world of the perfect brewery man cave...you'd have 3 rooms...probably in the basement that you can walk out of onto to a nice patio overlooking a golf course or lake. The patio would be perfect for entertaining and bbq with an outdoor kitchen...it would also be beautifully lit for night time parties with an integrated sound system, and maybe a flat screen. Room #1 would be the entertainment room with a nice 'clubhouse-esq' atmosphere...i'm talking down lighting..wood panels..integrated book shelves...the whole 9 yards. The entertainment room would have the hookup with a built in big screen tv, surround sound, full wet bar with taps running from room #2, which would be the brewery. My brewing equipment would be integrated into the house, and fall into 3 areas: sanitization/cleaning area with a nice wash area (maybe something that could double as a shower, the brew area with my kettles and tanks, and then my temperature controlled storage/aging area. This might also be home to a few wine racks. The third room would probably just be a half bath.

I know we're talking some massive space for all this stuff...so you guys need to help me out...what's next week's winning lotto numbers? :D

Nothing fancy, just a combination walk-in fermentation chamber and refrigerator for storing beers. Also, an automatic beer bottle filler would be awesome.

Back