Kilju

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heksa

Reaction score
Home made typically by students, cheap alcohol from Finland when alcohol content matters.
Warm water, bread yeast and sugar.

I could have made a batch in less time than the 50 minutes it took to watch this video. Time not totally wasted as I was making a pot of chili for supper while listening and occasionally watching.

I suppose this could be flavored and lightly carbonated for a "summer cooler". Think summer school.

Ginger beer when done right is a very tasty drink. You don't even have to carbonate it. it's at best in cocktails or mixed with fruit juice, but if you get the ginger and other components right (and even carbonated in a keg or sodastream) is also fantastic by itself. It needs to be back sweetened heavily in my opinion.

I have made ginger beer using ginger bug. First time there was bit or two bits too much ginger and it turn to be really ginger almost impossible to drink. Now I use less ginger and it is quite ok. Really easy to make.

Back