Kickstart Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windchime

Reaction score
I'm trying to plan a kickstart party in a month or so. Any advice on how to get the real beer geeks to come out?
My plan is to have an afternoon/evening event to sell pint glasses with my custom printed logo for $10 and have an all-you-can-drink beer sampling. I ordered the pint glasses already, and I've got 4 kegs of home brew ready to tap. I've got a fifth recipe in the primary, but I'll have to wait and see if it finishes up to my standards.
I could set this up at my apartment, or potentially at my church. Any other location ideas?
How does an under-the-radar, unlicensed, home brewer raise money and dispense beer without a legal altercation?
Some of the logistics are freaking me out. i.e. decorating, feeding people, getting the carbonation at a happy medium between foamy and flat. The scariest thing though is going through all this trouble and having no one show up. How do I rally people who drink good beer to come hang out, raise funds for more equipment and grains, and not get arrested?
If 20 people show up and buy the pint glass, I'll break even-ish. I bought 72 glasses. I can keep some around for myself, and use some as Christmas gifts.
Do you know Rhode Island area beer geeks? Have you done this? Do you know someone who has? What do you think is going to go wrong?

Cranberry Wheat Strong Ale Cider 12.2% ABV Keg Conditioned
RyePA 7.1% ABV Keg Conditioned
Scottish 6.1% ABV Keg Conditioned
Oatmeal Stout 6.3% ABV Conditioning in Keg
Pumpkin Cream Ale 9.2% Potential ABV in primary fermenter

I'm trying to plan a kickstart party in a month or so. Any advice on how to get the real beer geeks to come out?
My plan is to have an afternoon/evening event to sell pint glasses with my custom printed logo for $10 and have an all-you-can-drink beer sampling. I ordered the pint glasses already, and I've got 4 kegs of home brew ready to tap. I've got a fifth recipe in the primary, but I'll have to wait and see if it finishes up to my standards.
I could set this up at my apartment, or potentially at my church. Any other location ideas?
How does an under-the-radar, unlicensed, home brewer raise money and dispense beer without a legal altercation?
Some of the logistics are freaking me out. i.e. decorating, feeding people, getting the carbonation at a happy medium between foamy and flat. The scariest thing though is going through all this trouble and having no one show up. How do I rally people who drink good beer to come hang out, raise funds for more equipment and grains, and not get arrested?
If 20 people show up and buy the pint glass, I'll break even-ish. I bought 72 glasses. I can keep some around for myself, and use some as Christmas gifts.
Do you know Rhode Island area beer geeks? Have you done this? Do you know someone who has? What do you think is going to go wrong?

Try and find one or more Homebrew clubs in ur area, they could prob assist in alot of ways. Best of luck with everything i hope it all works out and exceeds ur expectations! :mug::ban:

Windchime said:
Do you know Rhode Island area beer geeks?

I'm a RI-ish area beer geek. I'm in CT, but close enough to some parts of RI to maybe show my support. When and where is this shin dig (is that supposed to be one word?). Good luck in your search for attendants.

I used to live in Rhode island and still have a lot of family and friends up there (I'm currently un florida) where ya at?

The scariest thing though is going through all this trouble and having no one show up. How do I rally people who drink good beer to come hang out, raise funds for more equipment and grains, and not get arrested?

Really? Open invite to something frowned upon by the authorities? It just sounds like you are asking for trouble...

Honestly, asking this forum about how to circumvent the law??

It is illegal in all states to sell Homebrew and don't be surprised I a mod shuts this down.

Before worrying about start up money ow oils learn about licensing and legalities:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back