Kick butt mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that the first mead recipe in the wiki is Fing great!!!! I made this mead without tring out mead at all. As I was fermenting the mead I figrued I should try some mead so I can compare what I made to whats out there. Boy was I disappointed, I tried one bottle from the store and man it was bad. So I tried another one and sure as heck it didn't impress me at all! So I was thinking well maybe mine will be drinkable. Sure enough right at bottling I was hooked!!!! Mead rules and gets you drunk fassssssttt! And them I found ten dollars.

yeah commercial mead sucks, I've never had one that was worth a ****. In fact I had one that I thought I liked a little, tasted it next to ours and the commercial tasted like jet fuel.

There are good commercial meads out there, but they are pricey. It's the same as good wine, good stuff is expensive. However, for the price of one good bottle of mead you can buy 15lb of honey and make a very good mead.

Back