Kettle/Turkey Fryer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryKDuff

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I want to jump on a pretty good 10g boil kettle deal on CL (the spike brewing deal being discussed in a couple other threads).

My concern is that the kettle is 14" in diameter and my propane burner (turkey fryer) is only 12 3/4". Will the burner work effectively with this slightly wider kettle? Or is this a silly question?

The difference isn't that great and you wouldn't want flames up the side of your kettle anyway. Flames could melt your washers or whatever on your ball valve.

Is your turkey fryer square or round? I prefer square, less chance of it sliding off if bumped or something!

Thanks - that was my next question - if an extra inch is ok, how about an extra 4-5 inches?

I don't know if I need the 15g kettle yet (it would be nice to be able to do 10g batches), but it's good to know I won't necessarily have to upgrade my burner to do so.

I'm trying to decide if I want to jump on a pretty good 10g boil kettle deal on CL (the spike brewing deal being discussed in a couple other threads).

My concern is that the kettle is 14" in diameter and my propane burner (turkey fryer) is only 12 3/4". Will the burner work effectively with this slightly wider kettle? Or is this a silly question?

did you buy one of these kettles and if so, what do you think?

Back