Kentucky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaunine

Reaction score
So I'm currently bottling my second batch of beer and I'm hooked wondering why I did not start this years ago! I'm looking to see if there is anyone out the in the Louisville area that has insight on where the best places to get product and where I can get more knowledge. Is there a good club to get involved with? Just basically any help I can get I want to produce great beer and have a great time doing so!!!

won't be much longer till i move out that way. starting to look for houses in that area now, so i'd like to find clubs out there too

lumpher said:
won't be much longer till i move out that way. starting to look for houses in that area now, so i'd like to find clubs out there too

Where are you now? It's a good place to live lots of things to do!

in the dallas/fort worth area now. need to get out of here. 7.5 million people and increasing. never lived in a town with over 25k people my first 30 years

lumpher said:
in the dallas/fort worth area now. need to get out of here. 7.5 million people and increasing. never lived in a town with over 25k people my first 30 years

I feel you I grew up in Kentucky my home town only had a population of 800 so moving to Louisville was huge!! I have an uncle that lives in Keller TX that right in that area I believe!

i work out of my home now, but that's only been the last week. for the last 8 years, i worked about 5 miles from keller

Nice place haven't been in years but the last time I was there everyone was real welcoming. What kart of Louisville you looking at? I have a buddy that's a Realtor if you need some help!

just nosing around louisville now. since i'll be working from home, there's no need for any specific area there; just no more than 50 miles away

I am new to brewing as well. I'm not sure of clubs in the area, but I would definitely recommend My Old Kentucky Homebrew. They are knowledgeable and friendly. Not a huge store, but has a lot. They are located on Story Ave, which is near downtown. There is also another store in the east end, but I have never been there and not sure of the name. Good luck brewing!!

crjohn02 said:
I am new to brewing as well. I'm not sure of clubs in the area, but I would definitely recommend My Old Kentucky Homebrew. They are knowledgeable and friendly. Not a huge store, but has a lot. They are located on Story Ave, which is near downtown. There is also another store in the east end, but I have never been there and not sure of the name. Good luck brewing!!

The one on Westport is little expensive liquor barn has stuff cheaper. I've been meaning to get down to story but just can't get time.

Like others have said, My Old Kentucky Homebrew on story is a good store. I would go there more but have been unable to resist austin homebrew's sales as of late.

Back