• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland Kegs, carboys, fermentation chamber, misc other supplies in Baltimore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagec

Reaction score
Unfortunately I haven't had time to brew for quite a while at my place--been getting my fix at a friend's house, where cleanup is much easier.
So, basement's getting full and wife's getting angry. All prices are OBO, vastly prefer local pickup for the lower hassle factor.

Now, on to the goods:
The metal:
View attachment 420565
View attachment 420566
View attachment 420567
View attachment 420568

Corny kegs, Coke-style retrofitted to ball lock (so, 23" tall, 9" diameter)--$35 each (2 for sale, I'm going to hang on to the other 2 for now)

Boil kettle (aluminum) with lid, valve with camlock, screen filter and insulation--$10

The glass:
View attachment 420569
2 5 gal, 2 6 gal glass carboys, 3 with airlocks--$20 each
2 1 gal glass bottles--$4 each

The plastic:
View attachment 420571
View attachment 420572
6 gal Better Bottle with airlock--$10
2 plastic primary fermenters, 1 bottling bucket--$5 for all
Mash tun with valve and camlock (needs false bottom or manifold, or use a mesh brew bag like I did)--$5

Fermentation chamber:
View attachment 420573
View attachment 420574
View attachment 420575

Holds 4 fermenters (primary or secondary), and can be used to heat or cool. I used it to make wine in the winter and for Westvleteren 12 clones. Temperature sensor is left loose or taped to a fermenter, PID controller runs the fan on-demand to push hot or cold air through the system and keep things stable. For hot air, a ceramic element is used (no light hits your beer). For cold air, you put frozen gallon jugs in the right side. $20 OBO, worth far more in parts but it's big and bulky and I just don't have the time.

Misc:
View attachment 420576
Oxygenation system with bottle, filter, stone, used for I think 3 batches--$20
Large auto-siphon, funnel, hydrometer, SS spoon--make offer, or I might throw them in with purchase of something else.
View attachment 420570
4 swing cap bottles, glass beads (to reduce headspace)--I'll throw 'em in for the first person that wants them.

Update: Both 5-gallon glass carboys, the O2 system, and the kegs are spoken for. The rest is still available. OBO?

Same here can’t see any of the pictures. I’m curious about the mash tun. Can you PM a picture and let me know the size of the mash tun?

Also where about in MD are you located? I’m usually in the area once a month. Thanks!

Back