kegs can't keep pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewManRon

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with why the keg on the right of oicture wont hold pressure? Is it a special keg? Goofy fittings or something?

ForumRunner_20130825_121156.jpg

Spray some soapy water on it and find where the leak is. Then report back. I'm an expert in leaky kegs.

The keg on the right appears to be a conversion from pin-lock to ball-lock, but otherwise it looks like any other keg.

Gas it up and dunk the business end in a big bucket of water. That'll make it easy to find where the leak is. Could be the lid gasket, could be the PRV, could be a poppet, could be a bad o-ring under a post, even could be a pin hole in the body or a weld line gone bad...

Cheers!

I am pretty sure that it is from the poppets. could it be that I have the "wrong" poppets for the valves? I am sure I bought new valves last year and haven't used the kegs since.

Just started kegging and noticed that as keg gets emptied I need to adjust the pressure up a tad. Wouldn't this be normal?

Back