Kegorator Downsizing *gasp*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdubz

Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm going be downsizing from my 6 tap full size to a smaller 4.4cu 2 tap setup. I currently have both CO2 and Beer Gas for stouts. My question is, is there a way to setup the new kegorator to only use the Beer Gas?

I'd like to be able to run regular lagers and IPA beer out of one tap with a stout faucet on the other. Would a 'flow-control' faucet or similar inline device work to allow for normal pours?

Thanks very much.

If you want to use beergas on both faucets you'll probably want to use two separate regulators, though I suppose given enough beer line on the non-stout side you could set a single regulator for the stout faucet while throttling the pour on the non-stout to a reasonable rate (hella lot of line, though). You'd have to do the math to determine if exposing a keg of IPA to, say, 35 psi of beergas for the life of the keg would maintain/increase/decrease its carbonation level.

I've not seen enough reliably positive results from flow control faucets to recommend one in this case as you'd surely be testing its capabilities at the margins. Seems a good portion of users end up running longer beer lines anyway - for just a "normal" configuration running CO2 pressure in the low-to-mid teens...

Cheers!

Maybe get a 5 cu freezer. It's not much bigger, and you can easily fit 2 kegs and 2 tanks with regulators for both co2 and beergas. I did this but use a three tap set up so I can switch between one co2 served and one beer gas served, or two on co2.

Back