kegland QD has no seal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie

Reaction score
Just got my new QDs in. I took them apart to check them out.

I found they have no o-ring or any kind of seal like my regular QDs have.

I did note that the threads had a "tint" to them. Almost like some kinda light paste or film on the threads. Is this what seals the top cap? Or should there be an o-ring or gasket of some type which appears to be missing?

I have not used them yet to see if they leak or not.

20230407_082111.jpg
20230407_082005.jpg

so plastic-to-plastic makes the seal? For how long does that last before it starts to deform? I like to disassemble my liquid QDs frequently for through cleaning.

The gas ones, not so much unless there is any backflow. Or it was being used for a keg ferment blow off tube.

so plastic-to-plastic makes the seal? For how long does that last before it starts to deform? I like to disassemble my liquid QDs frequently for through cleaning.

The gas ones, not so much unless there is any backflow. Or it was being used for a keg ferment blow off tube.

The fact that this one uses a cap rather than the way CMB does it with a plug, it seems there is way more flat to flat connection. How many cycles? Sounds like you're volunteering to let us know by cycling often.

Back