Keggle won't sit on burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robodeath

Reaction score
So I got some kegs i'm going to turn into keggles. I will eventually build a brutus stand but for now I use the burner below and the keg will not sit on it (the bars are too short). Any suggestions? I do own a welder and am considering trying to weld some extensions on it maybe.

13153081.jpg

The keg is too wide, one side falls off when the other is on the edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to notch the bottom skirt of my keggle so that the skirt slips over the burner stand, and the bottom of the keggle rests on top.

I don't recommend the grill grate. After a number of brews it starts to bend. Not safe.

You could upgrade to the KAB6 stand which easily holds keggles or yeah, you could weld some extensions onto each leg.

I'd also recommend adding an improved wind screen for your burner. Will save a lot on propane. Take a look at how I modified mine.

i made a frame to go around my burner. it's the same height and the existing burner frame sits inside. my burner was designed for a 30qt pot and mine is 80 so i was worried about the weight as well as physical size. i then just painted it black with BBQ paint. works great

About a year ago I bought a MIG welder and haven't had a project yet. I ordered some 1inch tubing and am going to try to build my own frame. Good practice for when I eventually build a brutus stand I suppose.

I ran into the same problem and had some left over pavers from a new patio I put in. I simply stacked the pavers in 4 pedastools around the burner. The keg rested on the pavers (I kicked it like crazy to make sure this was stable and I wasn't going to burn my garage down). The bricks are fired when they're made and easily withstood the heat (although they turned red so you can't exactly reuse them in a patio)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back