Keggle mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Just wanted to show ya my Keggle mash tun build, parts list are as follows..

1. Blichmann thermometer, adjustable.
2. Blichmann valve and dip tube assembly.
3. Jaybird 15" false bottom..I fabed the hole and handle..

My original plans were to make a dip tube to go in the center, but could not find a bender that would give me a nice tight 90 like those on the blichmann dip tubes, so I just deceided to basicly turn it into a Blichmann mash tun..

I only lose about .35 gallons so I just compinsate that into my volume on brew day...I also do 2 wraps of relextics on colder days. The keg seems the way to go, I can heat up my stike water in the tun and just dough in right in the same vessel..

Anywho, just wanted to show her off a bit....Cheers!!

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

Very clean, how does the Blichmann assembly work?

Its the same as what would come on a blichmann kettle...its a weldless fitting but they have an awesome no leak design. The dip tube just slides right into the nut, theres an oring inside that nut for a nice snug no leak fit..

I have to say I agree with Kegger. Alot of folks like a mirror finish on a keggle but I really prefer the brushed look.

I've got to know more about your keg cleaning process? I was just getting ready to polish, but this looks cooler IMHO. Was there a particular order that you used scotch bright and bar keepers? Did you use an angle grinder to help with the scrubbing? My compliments, those kegs are sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I just put bar keepers friend on the scotch Brite pad with a little water to keep it moist and went to town. You can achieve the same look faster by taking them to a polishing shop. They usually have a scotch Brite buffing wheel and it can be done in a heartbeat. Otherwise you can take like 5 or so pads, cut then in a circle and attach them to a drill attachment if that makes sense. .

I also did the same thing to my SS stand.. Not yet put together but hers a sample. It was just raw stainless.

1418519575145.jpg

Might also try scotch Brite with a buffing compound, might get the results a little faster..

Latest posts

Back