Kegging small batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsnight

Reaction score
I'd like to start kegging in the near future and am looking at my options. I brew 2.5gal batches so I'm wondering if there may be any downside to putting 2.5 in 5gal kegs? I guess 3 gallon would be more ideal for me but the price of 5 gallon kegs are definately more appealing. Any thoughts?

I'd like to start kegging in the near future and am looking at my options. I brew 2.5gal batches so I'm wondering if there may be any downside to putting 2.5 in 5gal kegs? I guess 3 gallon would be more ideal for me but the price of 5 gallon kegs are definately more appealing. Any thoughts?

I've kegged 2.5 gallons in both 3 gallon kegs and 5 gallon kegs. All had good results, and I didn't taste any difference at all. I generally force carb, so if you are priming the keg there may be some issues with carbonating with all of that headspace but otherwise I can't think of any problems.

Back