Kegging question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skipper

Reaction score
Hi all. I am relatively new to homebrewing and kegging. I have a corny keg filled with some steam ale. I decided not to force carbonate this one, but to use 2/3 cup corn sugar instead. It has been setting at room temp for weeks. I decided to give it a try and hooked up co2 and dispensed @ 5 psi. The beer was flat. Why would have not carbonated? Now that the sugar is in it, would it hurt to go ahead and force carbonate it? Thanks in advance for help.

Go ahead and force carbonate. You may have a small leak that just started. I had that happen last month, the keg was fine no leaks. Filled it and the gas poppet started leaking. Hit it with a little pressure & check it again.

The room temp was around 66-68F. I hooked up co2 and applied 25 psi and moved it to 60F. After 72 hours and I am going to try it. Hopefully it has not been spoiled due to oxidation.

Back