Kegging/fermenting space too low..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowthere

Reaction score
So I've got a 7cf chest freezer for serving with about 4 kegs in it, no real room for carboys, let alone two. I've got another chest freezer that is around 14cf that I use to ferment in. Well now the wife wants to reclaim a chest freezer and I don't think either is big enough for two carboys (which would obviously need to be heated) and 4 kegs and a co2 tank.

Does anybody have any ideas how I can move things around in my setup to accommodate the wife, who wants a chest freezer to actually freeze things?

Thanks,

So I've got a 7cf chest freezer for serving with about 4 kegs in it, no real room for carboys, let alone two. I've got another chest freezer that is around 14cf that I use to ferment in. Well now the wife wants to reclaim a chest freezer and I don't think either is big enough for two carboys (which would obviously need to be heated) and 4 kegs and a co2 tank.

Does anybody have any ideas how I can move things around in my setup to accommodate the wife, who wants a chest freezer to actually freeze things?

Thanks,

Boy, pretty demanding of her wanting to be able to freeze things!! Next she'll be demanding running water and electricity wired to all rooms of the house! :D

Give her one and buy a nice size refrigerator from the want ads. Most will fit two carboys easy, and it'll save your back.

build yourself a fermentation chamber!! give her the smaller freezer and convert the big one into a keezer/lagering chamber. For under $200 you can put together a controllable chamber using plywood, pink home insulation foam, a used window AC unit, and a johnson digital controller. Do you fermentation in that!

Back