Kegging commercial kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard that commercial kegs are filled upside-down and through the gas port since there is a one way valve in the sanke tap...is that true?

The "one way valve" in a sanke tap is just a plastic ball. I think it's very easy to remove.

I know it's been a little while since you asked the question, but you can get it out with pliers and a screwdriver. Here's a link [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZPfZ_AL380[/ame]. It takes me about 5 minutes to do it myself (not a pro like the guy in the video).

I have a brother in law who is a beer rep. he has given me a few kegs to use in my system. I've looked all over. but I've not found best way to fill or more important to me I guess is how to sanitize the spear. kegs were sitting around for a long time and I want to clean everything well.. anyone have any links to help me out? I can get the spear out ect with no problem.

This how I sanitize my fermenters.
10 mins and dump into my empty sanitized boil keggle. or seal it up as is and when cool, push the water out with co2. Then I pressurize until time to fill with chilled wort.

pb

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back