kegging and fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metanurb22

Reaction score
I was just able to get my first beer fridge for my basement, and I was wondering if anyone knew a way that I could ferment in it and store 5 gallon kegs in it at the sometime? It's a full size fridge and ill be getting a digital temp control for it soon

Obviously the temperature inside will be the same for everything. I suppose if you were technically minded and could get a side by side fridge, you could control the freezer to a different temp. I'm planning to get a freezer for summer fermentation because it's too hot here. I'll be storing kegs in it as well probably between 40-45 F.

One possibility would be to set the fridge at one temp, then put a heat wrap or something similar around the fermenter to get it warmer than the rest of the fridge - but that way the fridge and the heat element are going to constantly work against each other.

Best bet, unfortunately, is to use one fridge/freezer for serving, and another (set to a completely different temperature) for fermenting.

Back