Kegged my Hefe, now some questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohshot

Reaction score
I just kegged my 3 week old hefe and probably the best one I've ever tasted even with it not being carbed and having to used a substitute wyeast strain! I really do think letting it sit atleast 3 weeks really helps it come out much better than trying to rush it. I can also greatly tell the difference between dry and liquid yeast. There is no doubt that the extra couple bucks are worth paying for the liquid brands.

Question time. So I painted my kegerator with chalkboard paint to give it the matte black finish, but when I clean it there are always chalk dust streaks that are left behind. Does anyone have advice on to make it look like how I first painted it?

Also, I really want to start making my own recipes this summer. Does anyone have any good books or good advice for me to start out with?

Thanks everyone. Cheers

Can't answer the first one, but for working on your own recipes all I've done is look through a bunch of recipes of the style I'm shooting for and see what others have tried and then just adapt them to suit my tastes.

You can also pick up "Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels; Amazon has the paperback for under $15 right now. It gives a good break down on all the styles and does a decent job of what to expect from the various components of brewing beer (some a little more detailed than others if I remember correctly though). If you do get it I do not recommend getting the kindle/e-reader version, but get the paperback. There is a lot of charts and graphs he references that become extremely difficult to keep up with on an e-reader.

Others will also recommend you pick up "Water" by John Palmer and Colin Kaminski and "Yeast" by Chris White and Jamil Zainasheff, but since I haven't read either of those I can't say much about them.

Second the designing great beers. I refer to that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back