Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jag75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well i received my kegerator and love it. Its a keg king series 4 . Has the tower fan to keep it chilled . I wont plug it in for a day or 2 to make sure all the oil gravitates down incase it was on its side during trans. My red ale has been bottled for about 4 weeks so i decided to crack one open and man it tasted great . I just love ale.

Im a little nervous but looking forward to learning all grain , doing the mash and whatnot. Been reading the posts in here learning as much as i can.

No big thang. Read, learn and relax. Enjoy the process, enjoy the results!
20180326_175514.jpg

converted to a kegerator about 6-8 months ago. was worried for a minute that it might be just as much work as bottling but have to say it was worth it. also love not having to wait as long for stuff to carbonate, especially higher gravity beers.

What is your pressure and hours settings to force carb?

I usually go about 25 psi for 48 hours (no shaking, rolling or anything), then drop to my expected final pressure depending on desired carbonation level. My Kegerator runs about 37 degrees, so that's usually around 8-10 psi.

After the first 48 hours it's about 50-70% carbed. By one week its's about 90-95% carbed. That's when they really start tasting stellar (NEIPAs...have a noticeable hop burn initially).

I usually go about 25 psi for 48 hours (no shaking, rolling or anything), then drop to my expected final pressure depending on desired carbonation level. My Kegerator runs about 37 degrees, so that's usually around 8-10 psi.

After the first 48 hours it's about 50-70% carbed. By one week its's about 90-95% carbed. That's when they really start tasting stellar (NEIPAs...have a noticeable hop burn initially).

Ok ty. Im brewing some American cream ale right now . I should have done it last week because its supposed to be ready by the 26th for the NFL draft. Ill ferment for a total of 2 weeks and 5 days and force carbonate so it will be ready . My timeline is really close i fear.

Ok ty. Im brewing some American cream ale right now . I should have done it last week because its supposed to be ready by the 26th for the NFL draft. Ill ferment for a total of 2 weeks and 5 days and force carbonate so it will be ready . My timeline is really close i fear.

People say you can speed up the carbonation by applying higher pressure and rocking or rolling the keg to speed up the infusion of CO2 into the beer. I've never done it, but I seem to recall people having beer carbonated in a matter of hours. The one complaint I've heard is that it doesn't seem to stay in solution well once poured.

There are also people who don't rock it, but increase the pressure even more at the beginning (like 50 psi for 24 hours). I don't have experience with this.

You could transfer to the keg as primary fermentation is winding down. Then let it finish in the keg and build up some natural carbonation. Of course if you do this it's a good idea to pressure transfer to a new serving keg before serving.

You could transfer to the keg as primary fermentation is winding down. Then let it finish in the keg and build up some natural carbonation. Of course if you do this it's a good idea to pressure transfer to a new serving keg before serving.
Hmmm this seems like a pretty good idea. I will look into this ty

Love my Edgestar. Makes homebrewing so much less work. I usually carb by setting pressure to ~30 psi and roll back and forth on its side gently for 2min 45 seconds. I then turn off pressure and let it sit with 30 psi on it for a few hours (for it to settle). Then bleed down and set to 8-10 psi. At that point it is about 75% carbed and ready to drink a few. By the following weekend it's 100%.

Back