Kegerator problems!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishinfur1

Reaction score
Who guys have been helpin me solve alot of my problems lately, but I got another one. I jsut set up my kegerator for the first time. I got my kegorator setup perfectly, I think. The Co2 canister is reading 1500PSI, and I have the regulator set at about 7 psi pressure but when I pull the tap to pour a beer.......NOTHING happens!!! What am I doing wrong???

Who guys have been helpin me solve alot of my problems lately, but I got another one. I jsut set up my kegerator for the first time. I got my kegorator setup perfectly, I think. The Co2 canister is reading 1500PSI, and I have the regulator set at about 7 psi pressure but when I pull the tap to pour a beer.......NOTHING happens!!! What am I doing wrong???

It sounds like your "out" diptube, the one hooked to the tap, is plugged up or otherwise clogged. Take the black quick disconnect off, and turn off the gas to your keg. Pull the pressure relief valve to depressurize, and remove the "out" post to pull out the long diptube. Hold it up to the light and look through it. If it's not clogged, take apart the post by pulling out the poppet and seeing if that's clogged up.

Something is clogging up the works, either in the keg or in the line. If it's not in the keg when you take it apart, it's in the line. But it's almost never in the line.

Did you take the keg apart before you put your beer in it? Or did your beer have a lot of floaties in it when you kegged it? You didn't dryhop in the keg without a bag, or anything?

I'm sure you checked this already, but could be something simple like the shut off valve on the regulator? I forgot to open the shut off valve on my regulator the other day, it messed me up for a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back