Kegerator in attic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dongemus

Reaction score
I have a tiny house, but I am sick of bottling. I could fit a chest freezer in the attic (assuming I could get it up there) and maybe run the lines down in a wall to a counter top and put in 2-3 taps?

Is this a good or bad idea?
If it is a good idea, does anyone have any advice or problems they forsee?

Leaving aside all the issues of getting beer kegs up into an attic and running beer lines down to the living space, if the attic is subject to temperature extremes I'd vote "not a great idea"...

Cheers!

You may also have issues with maintaining a good carbonation level with a 10-15ft drop. To not have the beer dispense too fast you may need to drop the pressure or have really long lines.

Also I would never do this, getting beer up to the attic would be a pain and I'm sure a kegerator wouldn't be happy running in a 100 degree attic in the summer.

can you fit the shorter 2.5 gallon kegs in your fridge? They also make small 1.7 gallon kegs.

You can also look into a modified party pig system or the Heineken/Newcastle party kegs.

Back