Kegerator help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artmutt

Reaction score
I hope I am posting this in the correct form if not my apologies and maybe a moderator can place it where it belongs. I have a Haier Kegerator model HBF05EBSS. I transported this to my new house and when I plugged it in it ran for about five minutes before kicking the power strip protection. This is the same power strip I have always used and the electrical is not on a GFI circuit.

When I turned the kegerator around I realized that the black wire going into the compressor had come loose and was making a connection between the red and white wire on the compressor. I put the black wire back where it belongs and let the compressor cool overnight.

When I plugged it back up this morning the same thing happened as before. I am really hoping that this will be something simple such as a relay or possible fuse that I have blown I feel like such an idiot but did not think to check that prior to plugging in. I have searched online however I have not found any posts that relate to the similarities of my issue.

If anyone could please help me out I would be much appreciative as I have 3/4 of a full keg that I would love to get cold and start drinking again. Thanks in advance!

18E7536A-5688-4803-91DB-8C312F9ADBD8.jpeg
These are the wires to the compressor that got crossed

So what your saying is the fridge runs for 5 minutes and shuts itself off

Replace that capacitor if it does not fix your problem it's likely the compressor went bad and your F'd

Well I bought a 3&1 capacitor same as what was on it and compressor is toast! Alway wanted to build a chest freezer kegerator so I guess that’s what’s “on tap” for this weekends project. Pun intended. Thanks for responding.

Well I bought a 3&1 capacitor same as what was on it and compressor is toast! Alway wanted to build a chest freezer kegerator so I guess that’s what’s “on tap” for this weekends project. Pun intended. Thanks for responding.

Sorry to hear it but honestly I have 2 kegerators 1 I built and 1 like yours, the ones we build from chest freezers are way better and you can strip parts from this one to save some money. I have had to fix my Kegco kegerator quite a few times now and it's really annoying.
Best of luck

Back