Kegerator Help Edgestar vs Magic Chef vs Danby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrendyGuy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing a Kegerator within the next few days and have been searching through various sites for something moderately priced. The three I have been looking at are:

Edgestar KC2000SS
Magic Chef 4.9
Danby 5.2

Can anyone give me some feedback on any of these? or if you know a cheap compact fridge I can buy from a local store I may also be interested in that.

Thanks in advance!

I've personally had the best luck building one myself. Get a fridge for cheap off craigslist and buy the kegerator parts online(Beveragefactory.com or something). The good part in doing that is you can customize it as much as you want, and if the fridge ever dies you can pull all the kegerator equipment off it and put it on another cheap craigslist fridge.

Yeah,I have been looking on craigslist but haven't found anything yet. It is also hard to tell online if the fridge is a good size for a half keg.

Do you have any reccomendations for fridges if I want to go to alocal store and pick one up?

Back