keg to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbs123

Reaction score
Hi,can you help with a problem I have please.I keep my barrel in the conservetory and knowing that today will be quite warm I filled up two flip top bottles from the keg last night and put them in the fridge to cool for drinking today..however the beer in the keg has plenty of gas and keeps its head but...the bottles in the fridge were as flat as a pancake...orrid.When I used to make beer in the past I always did this and the results were perfect..any ideas...thank you..Filbs.

Since warm beer holds less CO2, and transfering into warm bottles realeases a lot of what's left; you may have started out with 2 strikes against you!!

I would also check the seal on one of the flip tops -
Fill one of the flip tops with soda and turn it upside down in a bucket to check the seal.

:mug:

EDIT: lousy spellink

Yeah the warm temps were probably the problem. Some people can get away with a piece of tubing put on the faucet that runs all the way down to the bottom of the bottle. This does not disturb the beer as much and deoes not force the co2 out of solution.

Start w/ frozen bottles next time. Are you keeping a keg in a warm room? How warm? Get that bad boy in a cellar or some place cool.

Conservatory???
Why would anyone keep their HB in a conservatory??

Unless you are getting ready for the "Dueling Harpsichord Concherto"..

J/K

:)

Thanks,the conservetory is the best place I have its cold on a night and its been quite cold during the day but not clold enough to drink the beer and so thats why I drew of a jug full of beer and then poured it slowly into the bottles...the seals on the tops are fine.If I draw a pint straight from the barrel its perfect and the head stays all the way to the bottom of the glass.....thanks again..Filbs

Back