keg to bottle set up and questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason1973

Reaction score
i wish to probably in few months set up to carb in keg then bottle just want make sure i am understanding what i need and what need to do properly.
set up need
keg
co2
lines and fittings
beer gun
regulator
am i missing anything?
do i need a refrigeration system or can i carb at room temps? and can i bottle at room temps and just chill my lines?
once beer in bottles are they ready to drink once cold?
can i store some out of fridge for later?
can i bottle to mason jar glasses(brown glass) or would the wide mouth prevent getting a good co2 blanket?

forgot, what size co2 tanks for just carbing and bottling? would larger paintball tanks be enough gas?

forgot, what size co2 tanks for just carbing and bottling? would larger paintball tanks be enough gas?

Your gonna want to get a large tank but not to big that it takes up to much space or is heavy to lug around. Bigger tanks are cheaper to fill up

You really need a fridge to store the keg, as warm beer is almost impossible to bottle carbonated due to foaming. It needs to be pretty cold to use a beergun successfully.

You must use capped beer bottles or soda bottles, and not mason jars or anything not designed to hold pressure.

You really need a fridge to store the keg, as warm beer is almost impossible to bottle carbonated due to foaming. It needs to be pretty cold to use a beergun successfully.

You must use capped beer bottles or soda bottles, and not mason jars or anything not designed to hold pressure.

^ very true. Didn't notice that. Need a controlled cool environment to keg

^ very true. Didn't notice that. Need a controlled cool environment to keg

thanks to both that answered, both gave answers i expected, but i wont learn if i don't ask.
old ant age "only stupid questions, are those that are not asked"

since i limited on space, would a jockey box work?
if not i have an idea for chilling kegs without a fridge.

a jocky box wouldnt work because that only serves to chill already carbonated beer inline to the glass

you can carb at room temp, just takes more psi and likely more gas per keg.

You'd be going through lots of ice though, unless you were only cracking kegs certain nights

Back