Keg system from LHBS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeantownR6

Reaction score
I want to get into kegging. I have a spare refigerator i can use in my garage. my LHBS sells keg syetms for 189 which has everything i need i guess. i would just have to drill holes in my refrigerator for the lines and mount the tap?

5 gallon corny keg
Empty 5 lb Steel CO2 Cylinder*
New regulator with check valve
Tubing
Disconnects
Faucet
Reconditioned Pin Lock or Ball Lock Keg (your choice)

i have no idea what this stuff goes for is this a good way to go?

Not such a great deal..

You can find the same setup at many online retailers for about 139.00, plus about 20 or so for shipping.

If you want to spend a few more dollars, you can get 2 reconditioned cornys, dual gague regulators (putting different psi on each keg depending on style) lines, connects ect for about 199 to 210 plus shipping.

I'd just do some internet research a bit; I like to support my local guys as much as possible but their prices are just off the wall sometimes!

Only upgrade the faucets to perlicks and consider upgrading the regulators to ones with knobs if you need to change pressure alot. The kits usually have the cheaper components.

the system from my LHBS is 299.99 but in Alaska everything is expensive and im trying to keep it reasonable. Is upgrading the faucets that important?? Just dont know the difference.

ok searching around and trying to keep my cost down as much as possible. Think i would go with this kit. I want to be able to have 2 kegs going. is it really neccesary to have 2 regulators (one for each keg)? how long with a 5 psi bottle last?

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=348

I found a Sanyo 4910 on Craigslist for 125 (maybee talk him down) i can convert to a keggorator.

whatcha think? and they have free shipping on over 250 :)

ok searching around and trying to keep my cost down as much as possible. Think i would go with this kit. I want to be able to have 2 kegs going. is it really neccesary to have 2 regulators (one for each keg)? how long with a 5 psi bottle last?

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=348

I found a Sanyo 4910 on Craigslist for 125 (maybee talk him down) i can convert to a keggorator.

whatcha think? and they have free shipping on over 250 :)

BeantownR6, that's the same setup I have from kegconnection. They did a great job setting it all up, kegs were in good shap and pressure tested.

I like the dual regulator becuase it allows me to put more psi on a hefe vs my IPAs. 5# Co2 bottle lasts maybe 4 kegs. Only 8 bucks to refill for me and it's just down the street :)

Well i went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered it. I went with the 2 tap but i got the single tower dual tap with one regulator. i can always add on a regulator if i want different carb levels but right now when i bottle i use the same amount of priming sugar im all my batches and its fine. i make mostly IPAs, Pale Ales and Heffs. man i can't wait!

Latest posts

Back