Keg pressure on regulator gauge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaleco

Reaction score
So I've been kegging for over a year and I always thought that I was able to close my tank, close off the hose to the keg, release the pressure from the regulator, open the hose from the keg and I would get a readout of the pressure currently in the keg.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case anymore. My regulator gauge stays at zero. Am I misunderstanding its inner workings or has something changed? The regulator gauge works normally when I turn on the tank and use the screw. I am just trying to figure out how much pressure is in my keg currently.

Do you have any check-valves in the path between regulator and keg? If you do - and they're working properly - they won't allow gas flow back towards the regulator and low pressure gauge. That's their job...

Cheers!

Would the check valve be part of the regulator or ball lock connector? Otherwise, I haven't added anything.

It would be at the regulator. It might be part of the regulator itself or an add-on in the outlet.

Typically a bare regulator won't come with check valves. If your regulator has a shut-off valve attached to the output, those often have a built-in check valve. With close inspection in good light, you can often see the ball on the output side of the shut off valve.

Otherwise, good manifolds will have shut-off valves with built-in checks...

Cheers!

Back