Keg-o-rator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXXBrewDude

Reaction score
Question? For those of you who have built your own keg-o-rator, if you had to do it again, what would you do differently? Tower V's handles? I'm going to finally build one. I love the tower look and operation, yet I am concerned with foam. This will be in the garage and the tower will be exposed to the high garage temp. Should I worry about this??

Bigger! I have a 7 cuft keezer with a collar and I can hold 6 5-gallon kegs. I wish it was bigger. My shanks go through the collar but I would suggest a fan and small duct to blow cool air up into the tower. That will make your first pour better.

not much i would change.. i like the collar since i don't have to deal with keeping that part cold (what you are worried about) .. mine currently fits 3 but with room for a 4th someday.. i made sure to have a dual regulator so i can do 2 different psi if i want, that may be a good suggestion if you think you'll want to use that..

Are you guys putting your regulators and tank inside? Or outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I built a Keezer out of a 5.0 cu freezer and wish I went bigger, but like the collar and handles painted with chalkboard paint.

Are you guys putting your regulators and tank inside? Or outside?

The "guys" are totally split on that one.

My CO2 and nitro tanks and regs are all outside of my keezer and carb fridge, but for every person running "outside" you'll find at least one running "inside".

Then there are the "both", but they're a bit off and probably can't be relied upon to make a decision...

Cheers! ;)

I read something a while back that suggested the regulators don't work properly at cold temps. That's why I asked. No intention on the "guys" term, I also reference girls as guys all the time lol😏

How do you adjust it from room temp to cold? Isn't the PSI from the tank the only change over temp? This is what I understand now that I'm reading on this. I've decided to put the tank and primary reg in the fridge. This way I can keep the primary high for carbonating and probably 2 secondary regs for other pressures. I'm now planning 5 taps . Sound like enough regulators to you all ??

Any tips where to get the stainless backsplash drip trays ( wall mount). My goodness they are expensive!!

Back