keg connection price changes??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdb185

Reaction score
i was going to order 2 kits from ahs, but i already have the kegs and co2. i emailed ben and he told me they would deduct $25 per keg and $59.95 per co2 tank. well, i saw that austin homebrew had perlick 525SS on sale for $22.99 and i asked hom if they would price match that to upgrade the faucets. he said yes. so when i decided to order today, he told me that they can only take off $20 per keg instead of $25. something about them changing prices around or something. i looked, and the pin locks kegs are still the same price $29.99. i've read nothing but raves about them, but i feel like their just trying to make up for price matching AHS.

anybody else run in to this?

FWIW my LLHBS raised their price of Cornys to $49.99 from $38. Everywhere I go they say they are becoming gold and harder and harder to get a hold of

I would send the owner, Todd, an email and directly ask him. He is very responsive and won't BS you. [email protected] I do however know that he got a new load of kegs on Monday. Maybe he had to pay more for the new kegs? Or maybe it was because he was originally under the impression that you wanted a ball lock kit. (those are $39.99) for standards.

thanks BigB. i emailed todd and he cleared it up, very promptly. he said they would honor the initial quote. FYI, the prices on the kegs haven't changed, but they are now reflecting the $10 price difference (ball lock vs pin lock) when ordering kits without the kegs. ie. kit without kegs discounts $30 per ball lock keg and $20 per pin lock.

Back