keg connection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply.

Actually just heard back from them today, and got my USPS quote, so will place an order shortly. They were very apologetic about being late getting back to me. Hoping it's just indicative of a small company getting bigger and busier faster than planned, rather than apathy kicking in. I'll report back later on how it goes.

Sorry for the delay, you probably don't need the info now but yes I did go USPS and got a 2 keg premium kit minus the co2 tank. Shipping was $60 and duty was $14 when canada post dropped it off. Very good deal I thought.

Sorry for the delay, you probably don't need the info now but yes I did go USPS and got a 2 keg premium kit minus the co2 tank. Shipping was $60 and duty was $14 when canada post dropped it off. Very good deal I thought.

That is a great deal! I was quoted $87. Same package, with the tank and an upgrade to new 3 gal Cornies. A few bucks more for that, and a bit extra to make it up here, so sounds about right.

Now just trying to decide whether to keep brewing and bottling, or hold off a bit to time a few batches around the new gear arriving. Tough call...

Same here. My kegs are scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but I still don't have any shipping notification on the fridge. I'll probably call tomorrow if I get the kegs andstill haven't heard about the fridge.

Also: when will there be more b-grade kegs?! Those were an awesome deal I missed out on:(

The delivery came and it was all the gear AND the fridge, which I was not expecting yet, so that was fantastic. Got it all set up PDQ.

When I asked over the phone, they said that it would come with a fancy regulator (with the knob) but it came with one of their in-house ones (screw no knob). I haven't decided if I'm going to bother calling them about it, but it isn't really a big deal, and as far as I can tell it is the only thing I could complain about.

The delivery came and it was all the gear AND the fridge, which I was not expecting yet, so that was fantastic. Got it all set up PDQ.

When I asked over the phone, they said that it would come with a fancy regulator (with the knob) but it came with one of their in-house ones (screw no knob). I haven't decided if I'm going to bother calling them about it, but it isn't really a big deal, and as far as I can tell it is the only thing I could complain about.

As far as the knob vesus screw adjustment, I have ones with the screw in my kegerators and rarely adjust them. However, I have a multi-purpose CO2 tank that I use for pushing beer from keg to keg, from the fermentor to kegs, during cleaning, etc. and the knob control is invaluable there. I'm always turning it up & down. Depending what all you will use the CO2 for, you may want the knob.

Just ordered a standard kit for my first foray into kegging. I'll post here again when I get my kit.

Hope I get an email tomorrow. If not ill just look elsewhere. Can't stand crappy service on a pretty simple quote.

I just got my order from them. Awesome service. I like the fact that they clean out the kegs before shipping them. They also ship the kegs under a couple of pounds of pressure so you know they will hold without leaks.

Here's a couple picks of my 2 keg system with the Taprite regulator and 2-valve manifold.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

Everything looks great on this set-up. Now I just need to go and fill my CO2 cylinder.

Well. Called them up today because i had heard nothing. Spoke to a gentleman (didn't get his name) and he helped me right out. Even suggested a few items that aren't on the site yet that they had in stock to solve a few of my Install problems i was having.

As long as Shipping comes through They have got my vote for #1 now.

A+++

They emailed today asking for an address update (no PO boxes). By the end of the day, I got the shipping notice. All told, pretty quick turn around. Can't wait to see that kit - perlicks and all!

Got my kit today! Eight days after I placed my order and everything was as I expected. Didn't waste any time, racked a brew right into it!(yes I cleaned and sanitized!)

mine came on Friday...looking good. the cardboard backing for the gauge dials is bent - which will prevent an accurate read on psi. but that's resolvable.

everything else is pristine. will be racking into it within the next day or two.

thing. of. beauty.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow. Gonna hook up enough to get my first keg carbing and then work on the rest of the install this weekend when i get more time.

Ditto. Great service all around. I bought a two-keg system with CO2 tank last year. Just found out one keg post was broken and I sent an email to Todd Sunday. One replacement keg was already on the way by the end of Monday. Wow!

not happy with ups right now. they are saying that because of the weather they are unable to deliver.......I live NEXT to the distribution hub.....

I offered to walk the 3 blocks to pick it up. they said no it had to be delivered by truck since they didn't offer pickup at that location.

I have to put a caution in based on my last order. I was very happy with the quality of everything on my first buy, which is why I went back. I did find customer service to be lacking until you got on the phone though.

Anyway, my order just came in and it was missing the extra seals promised for the kegs (they are sending new seals). However, what really irked me is that they raised the price on the kegs, and the kegs I got were junk. Dinged up big time, one of them even had a brown soda in it (they didn't clean the kegs like they said they do.) My other kegs were good condition and a clear liquid in them.

I would say use caution, not sure what is going on over there, but I am not happy with the quality of the kegs I got. They should be "B" kegs. They suck.

That said, I am sure if you by the other stuff from them you would be ok.

EDIT: I emailed a complaint - will post if they ever write back.

for the price, i definitely think my kegerator setup was worth the money. i got a free shipping deal around christmas, which made it even better.

but i will agree with several posters that the kegs are certainly B grade. my is an old pepsi keg with quite a bit dings and old soda stickers, but the inside is clean and it holds pressure just fine. given the price, i was expecting more.

Yea just got my order today.

IMAG0100.jpg

All was ok when I FINALLY got the shipment becuase of ups except for the Black rins around the faucet shanks were really cracked and broken (prob a ups fault) and they never sent the faucet wrench with the kit I ordered that is advertised online with it.

The kegs were a little beat up but otherwise cleaned, lubed and ready to go.

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Drumming 102 - looks like you got whacked with the latest line of b grade kegs too. two of the four I just got have those egg sized indentations all around the entire top. One has a notch cut out of the oval in the top - so I am guessing the seal will get cut from this over time, or fail.

Nice beer dispensing rig!

The keg thing really ticks me off. Looks like helpy-helperton dropped my kegs down ten flights of stairs... twice!

Oh well, life it too short to sweat it, but I won't buy kegs from them in the future unless they get back to me with some reasonable explanation.

Yea. I spent almost $400 on this order and expected a bit more outta the kegs and the missing wrench (the cracked and chipped collars on the shanks I account to UPS as they were wrapped VERY good).

I haven't called to let em know My disappointment and doubt i will because I'm kinda not that type of person (those kinds of complaints usually just get blown off anyways) but I doubt I'll be doing more business with them in the future.

Yea. I spent almost $400 on this order and expected a bit more outta the kegs and the missing wrench (the cracked and chipped collars on the shanks I account to UPS as they were wrapped VERY good).

I haven't called to let em know My disappointment and doubt i will because I'm kinda not that type of person (those kinds of complaints usually just get blown off anyways) but I doubt I'll be doing more business with them in the future.

I hear you on not wanted to call back. I guess I feel like if they don't know I am disapointed, they can't up their game and improve. If it was just me, I may not have complained, but when I saw several people had the same experience....

I think I have dropped about $7-800 in equipment for my set up since xmas time alone, at least $600-700 directly from kegconnection. I hate to b!tch, so I didn't , well too much :)

I just told them I didn't want anything from them, but wanted to let them know I bought from them before, and I bought again because I was impressed with the quality, not because they they had the lowest price (my first 4 kegs were toight!). However this time around, I was let down big time.

I work hard for my money, so should they.

well - i just like to update that i finally received the replacement keg for the order that had a broken post. But unfortunately the replacement is still missing a short tube for the IN post. Wrote back on Thursday night and Todd promise to take care on Monday.

The CS is definitely responsive and try to remedy mistakes. But two mistakes on a roll is sort of frustrating. I guess they have a quality control issue for the business. I just start to brew and haven't dealt with other vendors so I'm not sure if this is common practice in this keg business... I might want to try out somewhere else to order my next two kegs. What you guys think?

Hi, this is Todd Burns, the owner of Kegconnection. I have been reading some of the latest comments where some of you have had some issues. I want you to know that I am very concerned to see you are having problems and we would be happy to take care of you. I obviously can't see who the individual people are that are having issues, but you can email me directly and I will be happy to assist you in resolving the issues. We can send out a replacement faucet to the person that needs that and certainly replace the cracked or chipped shank collars.

I also hear your concerns about the kegs. Ball lock kegs are becoming extremely scarce and we are expecting them to virtually disappear in the next year on the used market. Because of this the overall quality of the used kegs has definitely slipped. I believe what we need to do as a company is do a better job of describing the kegs and also offer a better grading system, so if you do not want a keg with dings and dents, we would offer some sort of an upgrade. Maybe a A+, Standard and "B" grade system. I am open to suggestions. I did recently purchase several thousand extremely good condition kegs, but I paid A LOT more for them and will have to charge more for them as a result. If you did purchase a keg from us that you feel could have an issue please be assured that we will stand behind our kegs. I think if you look at our history of comments you will find people saying we take care of issues long after the sale.

I also want to mention that we have been having some issues in our shipping/production department. I am very aware of this and I am in the process of making some big changes. I am changing how the department is managed and I have hired several more full time employees as well. We have a great staff, but they are overwhelmed at the moment and making mistakes that are unacceptable. We are also completely shut down at the moment due to the extreme weather in Texas. Last week we did not have running water or heat, so we were not even able to wash kegs. We will be running behind for several days next week trying to catch up.

Please let me know directly if you have had any issues. My direct email is [email protected] and my direct phone number is 512-749-7713. We want to make this right! We are also making some big changes in our kits that I believe will really improve the ability to go between Pin Lock, Ball Lock and Sanke. As ball lock kegs disappear our aim is to make it easy to change over to Pin Locks at a later date. We will also be using more and more new kegs and continuing to look at other options in draft beer for the home brewer. I absolutely hate to see customers that are not 100% happy with their experience with Kegconnection. PLEASE CALL EMAIL ME OR CALL ME SO I CAN MAKE IT RIGHT! We have already started making changes to correct the root of these issues. I am absolutely committed to providing the best customer experience and customer support in this industry. Thank you for the overwhelming support we have had from Homebrew Talk over the last few years and please accept my apology for your recent issues.
Cheers
Todd Burns
512-749-7713
[email protected]

Well done...if changes actually happen.

Todd, I sent you an email about the problems I experienced Nov-December, as well as within the past week. This is actually a follow up email I sent a few days ago while you were out of town on business. Hopefully you still have that first email for review as well.

I ordered a beer gas tank and regulator this week from kegconnection. Everything came as expected and in a very timely manner (I live in DE so less than a week from TX is my personal threshold there). I had such a good experience I just ordered 3 new tap spouts (1 stout,2 perlicks) from them. They were $20/spout cheaper than online homebrew suppliers and shipping is very reasonable. I think Todd just showed that they will go out of their way to take care of any problems you may have if you have them.

Cheers to kegconnection.

Got my regulator bank (their brand), and a nitrogen regulator from them, as well as all my disconnects and Perlick creamer faucets. Despite them being crushed with orders from cyber monday, products came well packaged and undamaged, in a reasonable time period. They were quick to follow up with emails explaining the delay from the huge number of orders they received. Never bought kegs from them. Overall, very pleased. Pricing was better than pretty much anybody, especially the regulators.

Placed my first order with them today for some hose, connections and an extra used keg. I can follow up with my experience.

I spoke with Ben there last week at close of business on Thursday for a complete conversion kit with some customizations (no tank, custom gas line split off of 2 secondaries, etc...). He also spoke of the weather conditions, and I can understand... All of Atlanta was down for a week recently due to winter weather.

I'll report on my experience as well once they're back up for business & ship my order. I've got a chest freezer, collar, temp controller, and two carboys of beer waiting for that shipment... I have no reason to think that I won't have as good an experience as everyone else has always raved about with KC.

Todd reached out to me about this issue and is doing his best to make it right.

While it was frustrating as the buyer, I do believe everyone should get a second chance. Based on the feedback I received from Todd, I think he is now aware of the quality issues and on top of them; hopefully will be preventing them in the future.

I think it is great he was able to read the forum, so he could learn what was going on and repair the reputation of his business. Constructive feedback is the best thing we can do to help him and ourselves so we are each happy at the end of the day.

Todd knows his stuff, and it would be a big loss to all of us out there if he wasn't around to help us get our setups corrected and with the right equipment.

Thanks for working on addressing the issues Todd. Just ordered a 2 keg tower kit. Looking forward to getting a good product. Hope you guys are braving the cold weather.

Jason

Hi, This is Todd again with the Kegconnection. I wanted to follow-up on my last posting and progress. I have decided that we are going to purposely slow down the amount of business we do in the next week in-order to make some changes internally that will allow us to provide better service to our customers. We are also in the middle of some exciting upgrades in components (manifolds and regulators) that will allow our kits to be more flexible. If you are thinking about ordering a kit from us, wait until next Monday. I would rather loose business for a week, than hurt our reputation we have worked so hard to build. Here is what we will have on our front page for the next week:

"PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING THIS WEEK:
We are extremely backed up at the moment due to the weather last week in Texas. We are removing our $7.95 flat rate shipping for the next week. Our plan is to evaluate this shipping charge and re-instate this, or a simulator flat rate on February 14th (Valentines Day) We are also in the process of making some changes internally to improve our production and shipping department. In addition, we are upgrading/improving some of the components on our kits, so the photographs and descriptions are changing on a daily basis. We are still accepting and shipping orders this week, but expect a delay of up to 5 days in shipping! If you are wanting to order one of our kits it might be better to wait until next week. We fully expect to be back to our normal schedule by next week. Thank you for your patience while we improve the quality of our products and service!
Todd Burns"

Update: Todd PM'ed me and was Very interested in wanting to help with my item missing from the order (faucet Wrench) and even go as far as replacing the cracked shank covers that UPS damaged during shipping not them (the were literally wrapped in 3 inches of bubble wrap. I could prob have backed my jeep over em and them be fine any other day). As for the kegs, I can see where the trouble in classifying them as, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think they had a bad week or 2 and am more than willing to order from them again at this point. They really responded well.

I have to agree that they're having a bad couple of weeks after a winter storm hit their area. Same thing happened here in Atlanta a few weeks ago and we were probably worse off - literally put the entire city on lockdown for 5 business days.

I've been dealing directly with Ben @ KC, who customized a conversion kit for me and processed my order. I just haven't seen a shipment confirmation yet. I'm fighting my frustration (knowing their situation), because I thought that between finding the perfect freezer, getting permission from HWMBO, and building the facade... the plumbing would be the simplest part.

My keezer stands waiting for the taps and plumbing...
Keezer03.JPG

I have to admit though, if it weren't for what I have figured to be basically unbeatable prices, I might have turned elsewhere in the time I've been waiting. I'm holding out hope at this point though.

... the kegs I got were junk. Dinged up big time, one of them even had a brown soda in it (they didn't clean the kegs like they said they do.) My other kegs were good condition and a clear liquid in them.

I would say use caution, not sure what is going on over there, but I am not happy with the quality of the kegs I got. They should be "B" kegs. They suck.

That said, I am sure if you by the other stuff from them you would be ok. ...

I thought I would share my more recent experience with my 4 keg set-up received 2 days ago: I got the same thing: pretty bad shape kegs, and 3 out of the 4 kegs had dark gunk inside. Obviously they have not bean cleaned. The new o-rings (which are definitely necessary as the ones on the kegs are really dry) were missing. The rest (the new parts) looks great though.
It looks like one or two months after Todd's message, nothing has really changed.

I thought I would share my more recent experience with my 4 keg set-up received 2 days ago: I got the same thing: pretty bad shape kegs, and 3 out of the 4 kegs had dark gunk inside. Obviously they have not bean cleaned. The new o-rings (which are definitely necessary as the ones on the kegs are really dry) were missing. The rest (the new parts) looks great though.
It looks like one or two months after Todd's message, nothing has really changed.

That is frustrating and too bad. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I get that there may be delays etc. But sending out uncleaned kegs to me is a big no no. On the site they say they clean them with a caustic cleaner. That i one of the big reason I buy them from there. So I don't have to have caustic cleaners in my house for my dog to get into.

I bought four kegs from them last month. They were cleaned but I still had to to an oxy soak overnight to get all the smell out. Some goo gone and a razor cleaned the outside up real nice. I would never put beer in a keg right out from shipping though, I always clean thoroughly. Kegconnection is the best!

Back