Keg clogged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BohWarden

Reaction score
There seems to be some sediment prohibiting beer from flowing through the narrow out tube. Doesn't take much I imagine. I've taken the tube out and it is clear. I have also hooked the co2 up to the out post and blown obstructions out. That works for one pour but becomes clogged again. I've heard of some people sawing off about a quarter inch of the tube so it doesn't stick into any sediment at the bottom. What would y'all recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've had clogged kegs, but never one I couldn't shake. I mean, CO2 it out, and after a few pours settles back down.

Trimming the dip tube would work. I just saw something on here the other day about guys doing this for the sake of beer clarity.

Negative on the hop leaves. Used pellet and I siphoned pretty well. Kinda puzzled. Probably gonna try to blow out the tube with co2 and if that fails again I'll cut off the dip tube a smidge.

Turns out it actually was some hop remains doing the clogging. They were in the head of the outpost where the spring and o-ring are. Now beer is flowing like the Nile. 🍻

Back