Keg Carbing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WahineArt

Aloha Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been reading about every thread I can find regarding Keg carbonation and it seems that, basically, if I connect the CO2 to the keg and set it at its serving pressure, it should be fully carbonated in about a weeks time.

Does this sound correct?

I don't want to do the quick carbonation so I'm hoping the above method will work.

Thanks!

That's correct. Takes about a week @ serving pressure. It's better to let them sit for two though. Gives it more time to cold condition.

Yeah, for the longer carbonation put it at 10psi for a week and it should be good to go.

But, and i know you said you didnt want too, setting it at 30 psi for two days gives you the same results.

Temp should be around 36-40 deg f.

there's actually a chart on here somewhere that gives you specifics for temperature and volumes of CO2. for my set up and tastes, i usually give mine somewhere around 12 psi with the keg in the fridge around 36-38 degrees (i think?). i get pretty good results in a week, but as was stated its usually better at two. i think some of it is due to conditioning, but it also seems that the CO2 is just "set in" better. try it at one week then again at two, you'll see what i mean.

OK, it sounds like I am on the right track then.

I got it in the fridge on Sunday at about 35 degrees and the CO2 pressure is set at 12 psi. I will give it a "test taste" next Friday so I'm looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back