KEEZER FAN - 110 Volt - A/C - PLUG IN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shansta

Reaction score
I have been researching what to do about placement of my Johnson Control Temp Probe in my Keezer.

With the research, I found that a Fan is essential in the Keezer. A lot of people have posted that they have wired there fans in-line with the compressor, ran them through a transformer, programmed them into there PID LOVE Controllers, spliced them into a cell phone charger... But I am pretty electrically challenged.

So, in stating that. I tried finding an easy solution. I found a beefy computer fan that will plug right into a 110 Power Outlet. The fan puts out 110 CFM. So. I now can plug this fan & my Keezer right into my Johnson controller and it will cycle the fan when it cycles the compressor. Or, I can simply plug the fan into the wall socket and run it continuously. There are higher CFM fans available but I thought that 110 CFM would be plenty.

Here is the link to the fan. I bought it on AMAZON. 20$ shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YUKWSW/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

I hope this helps somebody out there!! If you have any advice on Fan or Probe Placement, or Medium to use in a thermowell for Probe let me know!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the probe high - cold air falls so you don't want to be monitoring air at the middle or bottom of the keezer. If the fan is powerful enough, it'll draw cold air up from the bottom and equalize the temperature. I think it's counter-intuitive to only run the fan when the compressor or temp controller cycles - the fan should be running 24/7 to help reduce cycling.

Back