Keezer CO2 Tank Placement?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masteraviator

Reaction score
Greetings! :mug:

I'm about to commence with my Keezer build which will steal, rob, borrow, and beg elements of numerous of y'alls great ideas but will likely combine the aesthetics of the Blue Light Special and the Black Diamond.

Questions which linger with me as I plan the build are:

1. What are the advantages/disadvantages of placing the CO2 tank outside of the Keezer? (other than the obvious space saving)

2. What methods have you used with best success for painting the white seal to black or dark gray? What specific type of paint?

Thanks guys. Photos to follow as I start the build and meet the minimum post requirement.

Outside of room in your keezer and rust on steel tanks the other advantage of keeping your co2 tank outside is you will get a bit more mileage out of the gas. The colder the co2 in the tank the more dense it is and the less the cold co2 will expand when converted to gas.

Really depends on how many kegs and how often your swapping IMO..

Im running 5 kegs, and brew maybe once every 3 weeks to keep them full...i can deal with having to spend an extra 5 minutes moving things around if im only opening the thing once a month...

If placing the tank outside of the keezer, where does everybody place the primary regulators? I was thinking of mounting them on the inside of the collar. Do I need to do any kind of adjustment to the PSI if the regulator is inside the keezer or outside?

So I ended up with the CO2 tank on the outside. This is my Craftsman Tool Chest Keezer. Needs a little touch up on the paint and a few more parts for the CO2 distro.

Went with primary regulator on the CO2 tank outside with a two gas line distro on the outside. One has a air line quick disconnect for attaching a standard tire air chuck for pressurizing growlers and sodastream caps I modified with a shrader valve. Four CO2 and taps on the inside.

DSCF1426.jpg

Latest posts

Back