Keezer build help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brianf

Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new whirlpool WZC3115DW model and want to build my keezer. I would like to not have a collar and just drill thought the front wall of the freezer case for the faucet shanks. I'm worried that there are condenser lines running through the front wall of the freezer and I may damaged them. Does anyone have info for this particular model? I can't find anything about this models condenser lines anywhere on the web.

Don't do that unless you have a precise schematic of where the lines are, chances are very good you could pop a line and damage the freezer beyond repair. Even then, there's probably enough manufacturing differences that it can't be precision. (My schematic just shows random cooler lines, no particular placement or measurements.) If you need to, you can use a tower system and mount to the lid since no cooler lines actually route through the lid.

If you need the height, a collar is really best and they're not incredibly difficult to build. If you don't have the tools, maybe a friend could assist or worst case, find a wood worker on craigs list and pay to help with the project. It shouldn't take a skilled woodworker much time at all to build a collar...I'm only an amateur wood worker and it took me at most two hours worth of work for the actual collar.

Back