Keeping fermenter temp contolled in apartment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiseAgainstMe

Reaction score
So I have a nice big storage room in my apartment. The problem I see with the upcoming warmer weather is that two of the walls are inside my apartment and the other two are the hallway. I have searched and seen a lot of posts about keeping temps up but I'm gonna need to keep them down.
If I was in a house I would get a nice freezer or something, but with the apt I was wondering what is out there that is a little cheaper, moveable, and can still fit two or three carboys.

look into a swamp cooler

get a rubbermaid type storage bin and fill it with water to around the level of the beer in the fermenters

you can then add frozen water bottles as necessary to keep your temperatures more stable

i can fit two ale pails inside of mine and keep temps around 63-65 deg easily while its 75ish outside - only swapping out frozen water bottles periodically throughout the day

Unless you make a keezer, this is it.

look into a swamp cooler

get a rubbermaid type storage bin and fill it with water to around the level of the beer in the fermenters

you can then add frozen water bottles as necessary to keep your temperatures more stable

i can fit two ale pails inside of mine and keep temps around 63-65 deg easily while its 75ish outside - only swapping out frozen water bottles periodically throughout the day

look into a swamp cooler

Exactly what I do in my apartment, works like a charm.

Back