Just wanted to say.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashing

Reaction score
Goodbye to the best shop assistant and brew assistant! I had to my dog to sleep last night. One of the hardest things I've had to do. 14 years of protecting my house and family, never missing a chance to work on the cars and always monitoring my brewing techniques. It's hard to come home and not see you waiting for me in the window. Things won't be the same without you.....

0320001400.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't even want to think about the day that my dog won't be here anymore.

So sorry for your loss. I had to put down my childhood dog a few years ago. They truly become part of the family.

I read this a while back, and sure hope it's true:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I dread the day either of our two have to go. Even though they are 2 (Eddie) and 7 (Kaya) years old, I find myself thinking about it from time to time....

My heart goes out to you. We had our three growing up dogs pass in the past year. Growing up dogs are those who help raise your kids. I hope after a little time has passed, you find it in your heart to adopt and care for another friend.

It took us a few months, but we found a rescue to help.

Sorry for your loss. I would absolutely be a basket case. I have twin Mini Pins and they are truely just like family.

But your buddy is in a better place and not suffering anymore. Rainbow Bridge

Man that's rough. I'm really sorry to hear that. They really do become little family members and great companions. There are some family members I will miss less than my boy. I can't even think of any comforting words for such a tough event, but my heart goes out to you.

I don't think I could bare the thought of not having general Rommel burring his nose up to his big goofy ears in the spent grains of my mashtun.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Been a tough few days but they're getting better. I still keep expecting her to come running when I get home or open the fridge. I may get another someday, who knows. I wouldn't do it till the weather gets better if I did.

I'm sorry for the loss, man. I used to drive truck, and when my wife had to put ours down I was in Boise, Id. and not scheduled to get home til the next day. She said Shadow was just hurting so bad she didn't feel it was fair to wait for me. She was 14. I parked in a truck stop in Ontario, Or, climbed in the back of the truck, and cried myself to sleep that night. That was three years ago. We still haven't got another dog since then.

Had to go through that a couple of years ago.

My best advice is to just go out and start looking at puppies. Don't tell yourself that you are going to replace your old friend, but I know that once you see those cute and innocent little pups playing and running around you will want to start again on making a best friend. It WILL help the pain.

(Unless your dog hooks it's collar on the dishwasher rack and tears through the house pulling down Christmas trees and throwing silverware every which way...)

I seriously have no idea what I'll do when that time comes. I've got two -- one's 6 and the other is 3 and they're so much apart of our family that I can't imagine being without either of them. So sorry for your loss!

Sorry for your loss bud. I went through the same thing just over a year ago with our 6 1/2 year old (WAY too young) black lab.
tom

Tears in my eyes!
My 1st (Oscar) lived for 15 years and died at home in my family room.
2 short term problems came next.
Now I'm 3+ years into my psychotic mutt that we rescued. Her name is Gracie.
She'll be a great dog, but she'll never replace my 1st.
Bull

God I always hate seeing these threads on the forums. I am so sorry to hear this.

My pointer, Dixie, is 9 and my hound, Duke, is 6 and it absolutely kills me to think about this with them.

Hang tough, and hopefully it'll get easier with time.

Sorry for your loss. I know how I'd feel if I had to put Maddie down.

We went through this last year and the pain is still there, its not as bad but it is there.

It will get better! It will take time, but it will. My wife and I wish you the best.

i will miss my pets when their time comes. its just one of those things that is the problem with pets.
you fall in love with them and then they die. its, of course, the cycle of life and hard to get over that pets are only with us for such a short short time.

Latest posts

Back