Just Want To Share The Excitement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy1038

Reaction score
I have everything I need to keg now! :rockin: I received my order from keg connection today. It took just under one week. I bought 4 kegs, disconnects and party taps. They also included the free o-rings with the kegs that have already been cleaned and overhauled. The rest of the stuff in the picture I got off craigslist.

Now I only will bottle if I want to.

IMAG0954.jpg

Cool! I'm enjoying my first beer on tap right now and have a spare for my batch that's on deck. Picnic tap worked great and then I got antsy to drill a hole in my fridge and install a tower w/ Perlick.

I love being able to pour just a half pint during weeknights. Cuts the calories in half and I still get to enjoy some home brew.

free o-rings

LOL....only cost like $200.00 for those free o-rings. :fro:

JK, congrats. I have a two keg setup myself, and wish I had room for two more. Kegging is awesome! :mug:

Well my kolsch is kegged. I made a hop tea of 1oz Saaz and siphoned on top of that. It's in the fridge now carbing. Way faster and easier than bottling. :ban:

IMAG0959.jpg

ugh, so jealous... i bottled up another 10 gallons this weekend. i have a refrigerator in the garage that is slowly being built out as a kegerator. i so can't wait for it to be done!

I have everything I need to keg now! :rockin: I received my order from keg connection today. It took just under one week. I bought 4 kegs, disconnects and party taps. They also included the free o-rings with the kegs that have already been cleaned and overhauled. The rest of the stuff in the picture I got off craigslist.

Now I only will bottle if I want to.

Congrats! welcome to not having to worry if you used to much priming sugar, those kegs will hold 120psi before they blow!

Word to the wise. Keg prices are going up. If nothing else buy your kegs now! My LHBS had them for $35.00 a month ago, but now they are $52.00. Keg Connection is a great deal for the standard kegs at $35.00/ea and they have been cleaned, converted, new o'rings, and the o'rings already were lubed. I don't know where you will find shipping as low either! I am thinking about ordering another 4 for backups. 4 on tap and 4 ready to go will help my pipeline always stay full. Beer is my aquavit!

FYI I cleaned, sanitized, and lubed again. Also, make sure and note what is the in and out! Mine weren't marked so I marked mine. Also make sure and put the right ball lock connection in the right spot. The liquid out fitting has a slight flare where the disconnect locks on.

Back