Just screwed myself...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianw58

Reaction score
I had a Christmas Ale in Frementer #1, a 10 gallons Corny. The recipe is based on a Wee Heavy with cloves, ginger and orange peel to spice it up. A few weekends ago, I sampled it and was really disappointed.

So, I brewed a Brown Porter to have something nice to drink for the holidays. I sampled that and thought it very thin and insipid. That was in Frementer #2, also a 10 gallons Corny.

I fired up a simple cider so my wife would have something to drink. She is not a beer fan. The cider went into Fermenter#3, a 6.5 gallon Carboy. It's shaping up nicely.

SWMBO suggested I brew again this weekend and go for a simpler beer. I got everything for a Rye Porter, which I started this morning. I have hit every number with this recipe, so far.

The screwed part?

Well, I went to dump the Christmas Ale but gave it a sample before I tossed it. Wow! It's bucked up nicely! And the. Brown Porter has filled in a bit, too.

Now...no fermenters or space!!! And a batch 30 minutes into the boil.:confused:

I was in our Walmart this past week and they had the 5 gallon food safe plastic buckets in the paint section like usual but in sporting goods they had a 6 1/2 gallon bucket that looked a lot like an ale pale. I didn't get the price on it but it might be a decent place to look.

Score!

I remembered an old 5 gallon Corny that doesn't hold pressure. I racked off the Christmas Ale into that; cleaned Fermenter #1 and have it ready to pitch the yeast shortly.

Oh, the score?

My Darling Wife told me that I need more Cornies! And another Fridge/fermentation chamber. I need to "…check on CraigList and plan on a few kegs and a fridge."

Building the Brew Rig was a huge step up. I have more beer in the pipeline than I can drink (something my friends all think is wonderful). And, I'm having a blast!

Best. Year. Ever. Brewing. Eight batches since the rig got built. Three batches of cider. Awesome!

You've been a busy SOB (Son Of a Brewer)!

Think you can squeeze out one more batch before the new year? Haha!

ianw58 said:
Score!

Building the Brew Rig was a huge step up. I have more beer in the pipeline than I can drink (something my friends all think is wonderful). And, I'm having a blast!

Best. Year. Ever. Brewing. Eight batches since the rig got built. Three batches of cider. Awesome!

Pictures of the new rig or it didn't happen :)
(Sorry to be off topic but I like pictures) having the ability for a nice big pipeline is a nice feeling.

Pictures of the new rig or it didn't happen :)
(Sorry to be off topic but I like pictures) having the ability for a nice big pipeline is a nice feeling.

:mug:

:ban:

image.jpg

Back