Just relocated to Fort Drum/Watertown NY.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpride1911

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I've been a member for a few years now, but out in Washington State. The Army had other intentions for me and now I'm getting settled outside of Fort Drum and Watertown NY. Not sure how many home brewers are in the area of if theres even a LHBS is the area. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to make trips to Syracuse often to buy in bulk and get the rest from the internet.

I think Ft Drum is the only Army post with a brew pub on base. Is it still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I think Ft Drum is the only Army post with a brew pub on base. Is it still there?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. There is nothing here. Deer and turkey. Which is good and bad. I like the change of the crowded fort lewis, but I'm not a fan of being an hour from anything. My homebrew bill quadrupled just from living here.

I forgot the name of the pub in Sacket's Harbor, Hops something, that has a great craft selection and food. And the oddly named "Jose O'Conner's" down the street from me in Carthage has a good selection too. But there's no brewpubs that's I've seen in the area at all. I've seen the Raquette River brewing company tap house though, that was nice. It's a little 2-barrel brewery/tap house. That's their whole existence.

I'm originally from Syracuse. 23 years 1month 1 day...USAF. Watertown huh? Better invest in a good snow blower!!!

I'm originally from Syracuse. 23 years 1month 1 day...USAF. Watertown huh? Better invest in a good snow blower!!!

As a matter of fact one came with the rental house I'm in. It's old but runs good, but the previous tenant was a lazy deadbeat, and claimed it didn't work as an excuse for never doing it and parking in the neighbors front yard without permission, until the cops had his truck impounded. At the end of this story, the landlords are replacing the snowblower with a newer one anyway. And because the deadbeat jacked up their expensive hydrostatic mower that also comes with the house, now they mow the lawn for me to avoid any further damage. :mug:

Welcome! and thank you for your service sir!!:mug: Your really in a nice area, good water for brewing, & Upstate NY is a great place for growing hops too...:D

Welcome! and thank you for your service sir!!:mug: Your really in a nice area, good water for brewing, & Upstate NY is a great place for growing hops too...:D

I was going to do was asking around about the water profile here. I'm on a well here and the water seems pretty hard. You know add anything to change the profile?

I stand corrected. I saw the place that you are talking about today. I've actually driven by it a few times but the sign was so weathered I couldn't tell what it was. I'm going to probably check it out tomorrow to see if it's open and how it is.

Back