Just posting some projects (lots of pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutarecord

Reaction score
It's finished my brew rig this morning. Last step was the mash paddle. I diy'ed the stand, keggle, paddle and a few other handy items along the way. Most just proud of my work But i also wanted to post the build and maybe give back a little to the community that has helped me so much in the last few months. Now i just need to get this all grain batch brewed up! First up, a dark stout!

image-753194928.jpg

image-2920943844.jpg

image-4099887498.jpg

image-572656823.jpg

image-1870300811.jpg

image-3158357607.jpg

That's excellent! And good idea using rebar.

Is the shelf used for anything specifically or just so you can have a shelf you can also move out of the way?

Let us know how the rebar holds up. Barbecues at public parks use rebar, the heat is much lower and they sag pretty bad.

Let us know how the rebar holds up. Barbecues at public parks use rebar, the heat is much lower and they sag pretty bad.

Second that I've seen a few grills built with rebar, sadly all have sagged. You will be using more heat and more weight. I've got my fingers crossed for you! It looks awesome and the price won't break the bank!

the good news is that he can disassemble if needed and make cut ups for some angle iron such as bed frames.

I think the real difference in the rebar is that it's half inch. It's pretty stout stuff. However if I do start running into issues what suggestions do you guys have to alter this thing?

Looks nice. Is that a shelf or an access panel of sorts? If there is a chance you will get in the habit of setting things on it I would go with a thicker chain.

The shelf is just a spot to take notes and such. Not a load bearing tool just more of a convenience thing.

Did a dry run with just water last week. Brought it to a boil but didn't run for a full hour. First batch will be next week. Just a BIAB, building a mash tun in the next month or so...

That is a good looking set up. Good looking craftsmanship. My only reservation is the rebar. Heat transfer to the wood is going to burn the wood. Some kind of insulation bushing inset in the wood. I wouldn't worry about it sagging.

Yeah I figured the rebar is going to scorch the wood a bit. I figured as long as I have a spray bottle handy and nothing ever flames out I'm fine with some scorching. Thanks man for the compliments though!

Back