Just placed a huge order... time to brew again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joutlaw

Reaction score
Well I had gone on somewhat of a hiatus from brewing the past few months. I had a change in jobs and probably some lazines conributed. After a couple of weekends of buying 8$ six packs I realized it was time to place an order.

I'm already sitting on around 14 varieties of hops from hopsdirect.com totaling around 15lbs so I had to tailor my brews around them.

I decided on a ESB, Irish Red Ale, Best Bitter - morebeer.com recipe, and a Light Ale - morebeer.com recipe.

I like buying in bulk... it really makes things cheaper. So I went to northernbrewer.com and picked up 55lbs of Munton's extra light DME.

Then I went to austinhomebrew.com, who I realized no longer has free shipping just a flat 5.99, and ordered my grains and yeast. With those 3 recipes I had quite a bit of grains, but austinhomebrew had everything but Crystal 15L and Carastan. I substituted Crystal 10L and Crystal 40L for no particular reason.

Since its so hot and I live in MS I figured liquid yeast was a gamble. I ended up going with 4 Muntons and 4 Nottingham ale dry yeasts. So I think I'm going to make the same recipe and try the different yeasts and see if I can tell.

While I was at austinhomebrew.com I figured I'd get another carboy. Threw in a handle, bung, and airlock. Then I realized I needed some C02 cartridges for my tap a draft and ordered a box.

Before I knew it I had just spent some serious dough. Oh well its been at least 6 months since I placed an order and I was due.

Hopefully I'll get it in by this weekend and give an update.

Happy Brewing!

Thank you kindly.

Good news on the shipping. Northernbrewer and AHB both shipped today. Talk about service.

I knew AHB was good but this is my first dealings with northernbrewer... so far I'm impressed.

AHB will be here Thursday and NB on Friday. :mug:

Back