Just picked up a free deep-freezer - is it big enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eskram

Reaction score
As the title says, a friend just gave me an old deep freezer. I plan on picking up an external temp controller next week.

The internal dimensions are ~28Hx38Wx24D, with a 12x10 portion on the right hand side taken up by the compressor, etc.

It seems like it will be deep enough for carboys, but what about kegs if I decide to progress that way? It seems like it would make an excellent kegerator too..

Make sure the carboy fits with an airlock on it. if they fit then the corny should fit as well.

I went to the LHBS today and picked up an external controller. I had him measure a corny keg for me while I was there. IIRC, it was ~25" tall, so I should have plenty of room. :)

Now I just have to convince myself that I should spend the money on all the kegging equipment...

Eskram said:
I went to the LHBS today and picked up an external controller. I had him measure a corny keg for me while I was there. IIRC, it was ~25" tall, so I should have plenty of room. :)

Now I just have to convince myself that I should spend the money on all the kegging equipment...

Have a few homebrews, get online, and whip out the plastic. Worked for me!! :D

Eskram said:

Just Do It , Man!

Sudster said:
Just Do It , Man!

I 'Did it' today with the temperature controller... :|

Credit cards are evil.

Credit cards + alcohol = Evil[size=-1]²[/size] ?

Sam75 said:
Have a few homebrews, get online, and whip out the plastic. Worked for me!! :D

I hope by "plastic" you mean the credit-card. Otherwise, please don't explain that "plastic" is code for something else.

Latest posts

Back