Just ordered my vanilla beans ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meading_of_minds

Reaction score
Once they arrived it will be time to rack mead onto buckwheat honey and vanilla beans. I've got this divided into two primary buckets, apx. 3 galls. each. Should I go ahead and combine these into one 5 gal. jug with airlock when I rack this onto the beans? I made 6 gal. to end up with 5 finished. I hope the beans arrived by the weekend. I've been such a lazy brewer lately :drunk:!

I ordered them from Beanilla Trading Co.
http://www.beanilla.com/index.php
They have 8 varieties of beans. They have several varieties on sale this month. It was actually cheaper for me to order 5 from them than to purchase them anywhere locally. Though I did put out for the Priority Mail shipping (actually cost more than the beans!).
This is my first order from them, though they did ship promptly. I should have them by this weekend. Which would be good. Then I can rack the caramel and open my primary's for another bocht, which my DH loved.

Thanks. GF and I were looking for a place to buy a bunch of Vanilla. This is perfect! We have both beans and extract now and we used some "spicy" ones a few weeks ago from Whole Foods. GF's brother was a pastry chef years ago and when he saw the extract he flipped out on us. He also thought a $20 set of knives from Walmart were good till he saw the new ones I got for 60 bucks online.

Back