Just in from WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flike01

Reaction score
Hey all!

I've recently come to this beautiful and wonderful art/hobby of homebrewing, and in the process this forum (via my google related questions) has informed me, and reassured me multiple times. As I plan on being a lifelong brewer, I figured it wasn't a bad idea to set my foot down into this great setting of knowledge.

Welcome! A trip to Wisconsin - and trying EVERY local beer that was available at the Anchor Bar in Superior is what got me into homebrewing! :mug:

Welcome to the craft :)

Where are you in Wisco ?
I'm between Madison and Milwaukee.

Born and raised in Green Bay, but have been living down southeast in Kenosha for the past four years.

I've always wanted to homebrew, but my continued and extensive exposure to New Glarus is what really inspired me!

Welcome from Madison. Just started myself. Anyone ever try to clone any New Glarus brews?

Haha amen to that Bernie. I'm dating a FIB'er so I know all too well what you mean ;)

As for your questions WiscoCK -- I don't even know if I'd ever attempt to replicate a New Glarus brew :) I've not had one I don't like, and I'd be afraid to disgrace it. The only thing I think I'd ever get near to trying to remake is some of their unplugged stuff, since it's so out-there and they never promise to make it again.

To this day, one of my favorite beers I have ever drank has been one of their unplugged beers. It was their Imperial Hefeweizen, but it was done in a style of a IIPA which is just insane! I still have one bottle in my fridge that I refuse to open, because it just may be the last of its kind :)

Haha amen to that Bernie. I'm dating a FIB'er so I know all too well what you mean ;)

As for your questions WiscoCK -- I don't even know if I'd ever attempt to replicate a New Glarus brew :) I've not had one I don't like, and I'd be afraid to disgrace it. The only thing I think I'd ever get near to trying to remake is some of their unplugged stuff, since it's so out-there and they never promise to make it again.

To this day, one of my favorite beers I have ever drank has been one of their unplugged beers. It was their Imperial Hefeweizen, but it was done in a style of a IIPA which is just insane! I still have one bottle in my fridge that I refuse to open, because it just may be the last of its kind :)

That's awesome. One of my favorite beers of all time is their Copper Kettle. MMMMM. The brewery is not too far from me and I know a guy who works there that oversees bottling. I really need to grow that relationship!

Welcome to this little corner of the world we call "brewing." It DOES become insanely addicting...so beware! In the summer months, my wife and I do enjoy a motorcycle ride to the Kenosha lakefront, where we enjoy a park bench and watch the trolleys.

glenn514:mug:

I have a Spotted Cow recipe that I am tryin on on Saturday. Let me know if you want the recipe. I'll let you know how it goes and tastes.

I would definitely be interested in that! I may not be quite ready for it yet since I just started, but would love to try it down the road. Please keep me posted on your results.

Let me know how it goes a month or so down the line. If it turns out good I might be interested :D

Back