just got done brewing an american wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
went pretty well except for a tiny scorch on the bottom of the pan(i did a partial mash today because of my limited time to brew), but i dont think it will hurt anything. this is my first american wheat. im not the biggest fan of the style but i wanted something done really really quick for a homebrew competition. the SG was 1052. say it gets done fermenting in one week from today, how long should i let it sit on the yeast before i can bottle? i have always been under the impression that wheats finish quicker than most all other styles but have never known why. i was thinking about letting it sit in primary for two weeks and then bottle, assuming fermentation goes well. what do you all think?

don't really know the answer to this but I am interested in seeing some answers and sorry to go off topic but what a great user name OP

Back