Just going to throw this out there...discuss...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh what the heck...

Assuming he was drinking on some BMC roughly @ 4%ABV. And the beers were 12oz a piece. Over the course of 24 hours he would have averaged around 4.5 beers/hour. I did a little Wiki search and discovered that Boggs weighs 197lbs.

Based on a little calculation and negating body fat, medications, and the like; at the end of the day his BAC would have been 1.138.

For most of us 0.300 is enough to put us in a coma and possibly kill us. He would have been dead 4 times over. But then again...this IS Wade Boggs we are talking about here!

I just have a hard time believing it. Wouldn't he be dead by now?

I remember hearing a similar claim about Andre the Giant. I find that one slightly more believable.

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be: "Wade Boggs was so drunk out of his mind that he convinced himself that he had drunk 107 beers in a day."

Based on a little calculation and negating body fat, medications, and the like; at the end of the day his BAC would have been 1.138.

Did you factor in his liver processing a steady amount of that the entire time? I'm not saying I believe it, but I'm just curious if you solved the fairly simple differential equation or just assumed it was all beer in and nothing being processed out.

:tank:

Did you factor in his liver processing a steady amount of that the entire time?

:tank:

I accounted for the liver processing about 1 beer's worth of alcohol per hour. This isn't standard for everyone but it's a good average.

We had a party back in college where we tried to drink 1000 cans of beer in one night. Even with 25 people we couldn't do it. PBR has never tasted the same since...:drunk:

I'd be more inclined to believe it if it were Ted Williams. I mean, a dude who can hit .406 can surely drink 100+ beers in a day, right? Oddly, I think Teddy Ballgame was a non drinker.

I'm calling BS as well...the most beers I've ever had at 200 lbs was 15...Natty Light and it was over the course of 18 hours...there is no physical way that Wade Boggs the best hitter in baseball had 107 over the course 12...just no way!

Sorry Boggsy...:drunk:

Back