Just did something stupid.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimman

Reaction score
So i just finished filling 2 kegs and i realized i forgot to purge out the remaining air with CO2. Well i wasnt paying attention and i connected my liquid disconnect to my CO2 tank and hooked it up to my keg. HAHAHA! Well naturally as soon as i opened the CO2 valve i heard alot of bubbling well i quickly noticed my mistake and turned off the CO2 tank with the shutoff. "I was ticked. I cant believe I just did that." The beer flowed back up my line all the way to the shutoff. Thank god it was closed.

I went a ran hot water through the air line and forced out any remaining water with CO2.

Do you think the beer that flowed up to my shutoff could cause damage to my regulator? Like i said i closed it off before the beer made it but i just want to be sure.

thanks

nic

If those shutoff valves also have a check valve, you're golden. That's what I was emphasizing. Not just a shutoff valve, but having a 1-way function that won't allow liquid to pass back through them, even when the valve is open. If you have that, then just clean the line out good.

Back