Just did a taste test?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahallasbrew3

Reaction score
Just tasted my first ever batch of JAOM and it's really strong the alcohol is over powering like I can't taste the oranges Clove, cinnamon or rasins at all. I used bread yeast like it says in the recipe I don't think it should be this strong no?

It was the same with my JAOM. Except I have no postliminary, because I was stupid back then and ruined my mead by trying to make it taste better with tons of cinnamon. Then after I realized it was going to be really nasty forever, I just left it at my dads. Came back he had freezer distilled it for god knows what reason it was nasty Cinnamon JAOM slop 30% ABV. But yeah........ should be (relatively) good and drinkable within 2 months.

Yeah I think it'll be ok in a few months it'll be drinkable when should I rack it? In like a month or so

Common practice is, rack when A: clear, and B: when you check every day for signs of fermenting for two weeks. Once both are checked off you're good to rack. Though, many do it differently..

Well I think it's done but I'm not to sure the airlock hasn't popped in a few days but there's still a few bubbles coming from the sediment at the bottom.

Well, you can really rack at any time, as long as their is an airlock on there (There usually is in case of any residual CO2) but I'd reccomend waiting a while longer. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt your mead.

Back